Puy lentils with halloumi
120gm Puy lentils, soaked overnight
3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
½ medium onion, chopped
½ carrot, chopped
1 rib celery, chopped
¼ leek, chopped
4 tbsp tomato sauce
4-5 basil leaves
100gm halloumi cheese, sliced and seared
1 tbsp olive oil
Email this grocery list
Ingredient Substitution Guide
1. Drain the lentils and rinse thoroughly. In a pan, add some olive oil and sauté some of the garlic with the onion, carrot, celery and leek.
2. Add the lentils and roast slightly. Add water and season. Cook until soft, about 15 or 20 minutes. These can be refrigerated until ready to use.
3. To finish, heat some olive oil in a pan. Sauté the rest of the garlic and the olives together until caramelised.
4. Add the tomato sauce, cooked lentils and season. Stir and cook until nearly dry. Add the basil leaves.
5. Garnish with seared halloumi and olive oil.
Recipe courtesy: Tesoro at Taj Dubai