For the pitta dough
1 tsp yeast
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
For the beef mix
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
300gm rib-eye steak, diced
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
1 sprig parsley, chopped
100gm mozzarella, grated
100gm rocket leaves
50gm pomegranate seeds
100gm sundried tomatoes
Email this grocery list
Ingredient Substitution Guide
1. Preheat the oven to 190 ºC.
2. To prepare the dough, dissolve the yeast in water and milk in a bowl. Add the sugar and salt and mix well. Leave the mixture for 15-20 minutes, then add the sieved flour to it.
3. Knead the dough to a soft, gooey consistency, cover with a wet cloth and set aside for 30 minutes.
4. To make the beef mix, heat the oil in a pan.
5. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add steak and fry the mixture for 6-7 minutes over a moderate flame.
7. Add the peppers and tomato and cook for 2-3 minutes. Season as desired, then set aside to cool.
8. To make the mini pittas, make dough balls of about 30gm and dust them with flour.
9. Roll out the dough ball into an oval-shaped flatbread of about 3 inches in diameter.
10. Spoon 2 tbsp cooked beef mix and grated mozzarella cheese onto the flatbread.
11. Pinch together at opposite ends to make boat-shaped breads. Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
12. Serve garnished with rocket leaves, pomegranate seeds, sundried tomato, and a dip or sauce of your choice.