Goi Cuon or Vietnamese rice paper prawn rolls
8 tiger prawns
1 head of romaine lettuce
1 bundle of fresh coriander
1 bundle of mint
1 bundle of sweet basil
1 bundle of spring onion leaves
1 carrot, julienned
1 packet of rice paper
For Nuoc Cham sauce:
8 tbsp drinking water
4 tbsp sugar
Juice of 2 lemons
4 tbsp fish sauce
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 minced red chilli pepper
Email this grocery list
Ingredient Substitution Guide
Rice paper prawn rolls
1. Steam the prawns for around 10 minutes, till opaque. Then de-shell, de-vein and slice each prawn into half length wise.
2. Submerge the rice paper in water, wait for 1 minute for the paper to soften.
3. Arrange the fillings, the vegetables and prawns, inside and roll it tight, tucking the sides in along the way.
4. Cut the rolls into bite-size pieces or serve them as they are.
Nuoc Cham sauce
1. Stir sugar into water until completely dissolved.
2. Slowly stir in lemon juice, taste while stirring to ensure the sweetness and the tart flavours are balanced.
3. Stir in fish sauce, taste all the way to achieve your preferred taste.
4. Finally, stir in the minced garlic and chilli pepper.
From Vietnam, specialising in Vietnamese cuisine in Dubai
Tell us about your favourite dishes or recipes at [email protected]