14 key places that could your job search place in the UAE
As the COVID-19 pandemic has affected the majority of the world throughout the last six months, it has also had a drastic effect on the global economy and the job market.
In the UAE, many have had to take pay cuts due to the current economic climate and others have even lost their jobs.
If you are currently on the job hunt, things may seem overwhelming. However, despite the difficult climate, there are still places hiring. We’ve rounded up 14 key places which will help you on your job hunt.
- Federal Government job portal — Federal Authority for Government Human Resources
- Tawteen Gate, Ministry of Human Resources snd Emiratisation (MOHRE) — a service for UAE nationals only
- Virtual Job Market by MOHRE
- Emirates Job Bank — a service for UAE nationals who are wanting to apply for jobs offered by government entities and the private sector
- Dubai Careers — the Dubai Government job portal
- Abu Dhabi Government job portal
While Facebook may seem an unconventional way to find jobs, it’s a good place to keep an eye on, particularly in groups. With many expatriates in the UAE joining groups to seek advice on moving to the country and meet like-minded people, there have also been many posting available jobs on groups – from receptionist roles, to account manager roles, sales roles, real estate roles and more.
It may seem like an obvious one, but ensuring your LinkedIn profile is up-to-date is absolutely essential and it’s a key place to look for jobs. Not only that, you can change your settings to notify recruiters you are job seeking. It’s also a great way to build up your network and connect with recruiters and HR representatives to enquire about potential roles. Remember: some jobs aren’t always advertised, so sending a speculative message on LinkedIn or via email can put you on a company’s radar for a potential role.
While it’s a difficult time, do your best to stay positive. Good luck!
– For more about Dubai’s lifestyle, news and fashion scene follow Emirates Woman on and Instagram
Feature Image: Net-A-Porter Instagram